Mkhize: Corruption will be biggest threat to implementation of NHI

PRETORIA – Health Minister Zweli Mkhize has warned that corruption will be the biggest threat to the implementation of the National Health Insurance (NHI).The long-awaited bill, which is aimed at ensuring that all South Africans receive universal health coverage, was released by Mkhize on Thursday.Mkhize said the bill promised to create a healthier population with benefits to foreign nationals, inmates and refugees.With the rooting out of corruption now appearing to be the top focus in government – especially at parastatals – Mkhize said the state must be adequately equipped as it worked to implement the NHI.“The fact that there is corruption, we need to ensure that we create systems that will prevent, detect and act early.”Mkhize said the country should take lessons from current inquiries dealing with corruption.Treasury has estimated it will cost the country over R250 billion to fully implement the NHI, with plans to release a revised cost.#NHI [WACTH] The Health Department’s DDG Anban Pillay says the National Health Insurance will cost R256 billion. TK pic.twitter.com/TKGq3XLbRc— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) August 8, 2019
Source: EWN

Spread the Word

7 thoughts on “Mkhize: Corruption will be biggest threat to implementation of NHI

• September 6, 2019 at 11:50 am

Fastidious answer back in return of this difficulty with firm arguments and telling all
    regarding that.

• September 18, 2019 at 11:49 pm

Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the
    challenges. It was definitely informative. Your site is very helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

• September 21, 2019 at 5:49 am

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I
    in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.
    I am hoping to present something again and aid others such as you aided me.

• September 21, 2019 at 5:58 am

Wow, this paragraph is good, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to convey her.

• September 29, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the web the easiest factor to
    be mindful of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while
    people think about worries that they just don’t realize about.

You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out the entire thing
    with no need side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back
    to get more. Thanks

• September 29, 2019 at 10:59 pm

I needed to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely
    enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you book-marked
    to check out new stuff you post…