Kundai Benyu off-loaded

Celtic’s Zimbabwean midfielder Kundai Benyu has joined Swedish football side Helsingborgs on a year-long loan deal.

Kundai Leeroy Benyu – born in Camden in London to Zimbabwean parents
Kundai Leeroy Benyu – born in Camden in London to Zimbabwean parents

Midfielder Benyu, who joined Celtic from Ipswich in 2017, has not played a senior game this season, and will stay in Scandanavia until January 21, 2020. The 21-year-old has two international caps for Zimbabwe and had a spell on loan with Oldham Athletic last season, where he made four appearances.

“I have a very good feeling,” Benyu said of the move. “It feels like a good opportunity for me to continuously play A-team football at a high level.

“My team-mate in Celtic, Mikael Lustig, told me that Helsingborg is a big club and that this was a good opportunity for me so I wanted to come here from the moment I heard about the interest. I have heard that the club has good supporters so I look forward to impressing them and showing what I can.”

Related Articles

The move coincided with the day the man who signed Benyu, Brendan Rodgers left Celtic to join Premier League side Leicester City.

He has since picked up two caps for Zimbabwe although in friendlies. Benyu was signed by Rodgers from Ipswich 18 months ago.

He made four appearances last season — two from the bench — before being shipped out on loan to Oldham Athletic for the second half of the season.

The lack of action has not stopped Zimbabwe Under-23 coach Tonderai Ndiraya from calling Benyu up for the AFCON qualifier. The Herald

Spread the Word

13 thoughts on “Kundai Benyu off-loaded

• March 6, 2019 at 9:52 am

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

• June 13, 2019 at 12:44 pm

If you’re serious about making money online, go for cryptocurrency trading. Pay in some deposit and buy your favorite currency. Click HERE to create your account and get full access to the world of bitcoin, litecoin and many more!

• October 8, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Good Afteroon I would like to invite you to register with Sweaty Quid, a quality marketplace for freelancers where you can hire freelancers for all your business needs and provide your own services at no cost. Get started right now and register at sweatyquid.com and let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you onboard

• January 28, 2020 at 9:22 pm

Good Evening! I was hoping whether anyone is able to assist me with selecting some new e-liquid companies for our online vape marketplace https://allvapebrands.com? Next Week, I will be taking on the following eliquid brands – Beard Vape Co. Made In USA E-liquid, Zing!n E-liquid, Hype City Vapors SALTS , Mama’s Running Late eLiquid and Run The Vape E-Liquid. Has anyone ever come across any of these e-liquid brands?

• January 31, 2020 at 2:49 pm

We are currently searching for individuals to review CBD product lines from leading CBD Brands on our website at cbdlifemag.com. If anybody is interested, please reply here or DM me and I will get some CBD items, including CBD Gels, CBD Skin Care and CBD OIL SYRINGES sent to you for your assessment.

• February 20, 2020 at 8:40 pm

[url=http://celebrexcap.com/]celebrex 200 mg capsule[/url] [url=http://wellbutrinlab.com/]generic wellbutrin 150 mg[/url] [url=http://lisinopriltab.com/]buy lisinopril[/url]